Understanding The Concept Of Duplexes In Temple, TX
A multi-family home with two units stacked side-by-side in a single building is called a duplex. The units are usually of the same size and have independent entries. Duplexes are typically owned by a single owner and can be rented out. They are preferred due to the facilities offered such as a garage, yard, privacy and affordability.
Listed below are some characteristic features of duplexes:
- Rental Income: Duplexes are a lucrative investment option as they are a reliable source of rental income. A duplex owner has a number of options for generating income from it. He can either live in one unit and offer the other on rent, or offer both on rent. The demand for duplexes on rent is always rife due to the benefits offered in terms of modern amenities and facilities at an affordable price.
- Property Features: Interior features commonly provided in duplexes include ceiling fans in bedrooms and the living room, stained concrete floors, LED Can-style lighting, solid surface countertops in the master bath, powder bath and hall bath, chrome faucets, one-tone paint, etc. Duplexes have modern kitchens equipped with features such as built-in dishwasher, pantry, spacious dining area, solid surface countertops, etc. The kitchens are equipped with the latest amenities and have ample storage space.
- Exterior Features: The exterior features in duplexes include privacy fences (front, back and in-between properties), vinyl windows, a covered front porch, garage, outside hose-bibs, full sprinkler, side patio, LED disc lighting and more.
- Affordability: Duplexes are a good option for first time home buyers as they are cheaper i.e. you get two houses for the price of a single home and can generate income from them. It is also easier to maintain a duplex as the units are smaller and adjacent to one another.
- Sizes: Duplexes come in a variety of sizes which makes them suitable for all kinds of budget and personal requirements. There is a wide variety to choose from with varying attributes and features.
- Flexibility: A duplex can be configured to suit any kind of requirement i.e. half home, half office, half storage, etc. It is a versatile type of property that has the potential of offering much more than it costs.